Our goals for Fall 2021 are the following
1. Deploy RadGrad into the ICS Department
- Redesigning the newsletter.
- Integrating RadGrad into the advising process.
- Other departmental activities: RadGrad Street Team, Department Awards or other recognition.
2. Deploy RadGrad into the Computer Engineering program
- Enhance the development fixture script to support hypothetical Comp Eng students
- Review and improve Comp Eng Interests, Career Goals, Courses, and Opportunities.
- Enhance the STAR download script to support Comp Eng instance uploads of student data.
- Deploy a production version of radgrad-comp-eng.design by September 25.
3. Internship integration
- Running scrapers each week to keep them up to date and working
- Redesigning scrapers to be instances of a Scraper abstract class.
- Design scrapers so that they can be used for to generate either CS or Comp Eng internships depending upon a configuration file
- Make scraping sequential, not parallel, which may improve reliability
- Design and evaluate algorithms to match Internships to Interests
- Implement the Internship import mechanism for RadGrad
- Implement the Internship UI in RadGrad